Natural Maui Sea Glass jewelry Presentation

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Teal Sea Glass Wire Wrapped Earrings

I'm so glad I bought Richard LaMotte's book "Pure Sea Glass." Before this book I really didn't know much about how glass was made or why it was so rare. Reading this book, rather, devouring this book has really educated me as to how much sea glass is becoming more and more like ultra rare gems!

Take for instance this color, teal. When I first started collecting it never dawned on me that this color was extremely rare to find. I was just on my merry way collecting and getting super excited just to find a piece of sea glass. After a year of collecting and matching up sea glass for earrings or putting aside for a pendant if it's too big I'm amazed as to the treasures I've found throughout the year!

This pair of teal sea glass earrings I found the straight piece first. I was going to save it for a pendant because I didn't think I'd find another one to match but when sorting through my glass I looked at the curved piece and thought to myself hmmmm this may go well with the teal piece I was going to make a pendant from. And amazingly they're about the same size too albeit different in width and shape.

Anyway, here it is with a simple wire wrap using argentium silver, simple to keep the focus on these extremely rare pieces of teal sea glass.

If you'd like purchase details just click HERE




Keeping it Natural on Maui!

1 comment:

  1. I have Tons of sea glass and shells along with black coral pieces that im interested in selling if u or someplace u might be able to direct me.

    ReplyDelete