Natural Maui Sea Glass jewelry Presentation

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Amethyst Sea Glass Wire Wrapped Pendant

According to Richard LaMotte, the author of "Pure Sea Glass", where I glean most of my sea glass information from, amethyst/purple/lavender sea glass is a rare find. Not as rare as the very rare to find black sea glass.

For me though it's the opposite, so far, I've found so many more pieces of black sea glass then amethyst sea glass. I guess it all depends on the location and not that I've found tons of black sea glass either.

Well, amethyst sea glass, if found, is close to 100 years old or older. It gets its color from the suns effect on the manganese ingredient which was used prevalently from about 1880 to 1915 to make the glass clear. So for me to have this piece of sea glass, this large, is a treat.

I wrapped it, again, pretty simply because I like the emphasis and focus to be mostly on the sea glass itself.

This sea glass has a chip on the left side bottom but this chip in no way takes away from the beauty of this amethyst sea glass pendant.

Here are a couple more photos








If you are interested in ordering this pendant click

-->HERE<--

This is just me keeping it Natural on Maui!

No comments:

Post a Comment